|Fitness Equipment Information|
Elliptical Trainer Reviews Dont Get The Facts Straight
There are many misconceptions regarding elliptical trainers. I believe this is a result of the large number of elliptical trainer reviews Websites popping up on the Internet each and every day. In an effort to tout the benefits of elliptical training, Webmasters post the usual laundry list of the well-publicized advantages of elliptical trainers. In the process, like the old game of "Telephone", each time the message is repeated, it gets slightly or sometimes significantly garbled in the retelling.
To make matters even worse, sometimes medical and fitness professionals along with the manufacturers of elliptical trainers will give out unproven or even incorrect information. This article will address the most common misconceptions and inaccuracies regarding elliptical trainers.
1. Elliptical trainers are zero impact fitness machines -- Since back here on the planet Earth where all mass is subject to the Law of Gravity you will still experience some impact when using an elliptical trainer. There's just no way around this. Not even in the zero gravity environment of outer space, since an elliptical requires gravity in order to work. I'm sure Sir Isaac Newton would be spinning in his grave if he knew how many times this misconception gets propagated.
Yes, elliptical trainers are LOW-impact machines and the impact is noticeably less than running on a treadmill, but there is still a small degree of impact. People who have knee injuries or chronic tendonitis in their knees may find that even the low impact forces of an elliptical trainer to be uncomfortable.
2. Elliptical trainers are not weight bearing -- This is a corollary to Misconception #1. The fact that you are standing up on the foot pedals when using an elliptical trainer makes it a weight bearing exercise. Again the force of gravity is acting upon the mass of your body, which is supported by your legs. It's not the same as when you are seated on a stationary bike or rowing machine. Weight bearing exercises such as elliptical training are a good way to strengthen the bones in your lower back and hips.
3. You need to workout longer on an elliptical trainer than on a treadmill because the higher impact of the treadmill causes you to expend more energy -- The goal of any aerobic exercise is to get your heart rate into an elevated state -- either in a fat-burning or cardio-conditioning zone and keep it there for the duration of your training session. Subjecting your joints to excessive impact in order to get there is just plain crazy! The way to do this is to get the large muscles of your lower body in motion and if you can also involve the muscles of your upper body by using the moveable handles of an elliptical trainer then so much the better.
4. The upper body handles of an elliptical trainer are meant to build up the muscles of your upper body -- There is actually a small bit of truth to this belief, but the thing to remember is that cardio machines are aerobic in nature and are not very effective at building muscle. Save muscle building for your weight training sessions.
The real benefit of upper body handles on an elliptical trainer is to involve the muscles of your upper body in the exercise in order to get your heart rate up quicker. The more pieces you get working at the same time the more efficient the whole process becomes.
5. It's possible to build a high-quality elliptical trainer using cheap components and cheap labor -- This is hands down the biggest misconception out there. It's mostly put forth by the fitness equipment manufacturers, but unfortunately many consumers fool themselves into believing it's true.
People certainly can't be faulted for wanting to save money and when faced with better quality ellipticals that sell for upwards of $800 and beyond, they settle for the $150 special from Wal-Mart. In most cases this turns out to be a purchasing decision they soon come to regret. The machine is unsteady and creaky and then just self-destructs after a short period of time.
The best advice is to take your time, do your homework and make an informed decision after weighing all of the risks against all of the benefits.
Rich Rojas gives you the straight facts on elliptical trainer reviews at http://www.ellipticalhome.com
Elliptical V Treadmill
Elliptical v Treadmill - Said The Salesman: I Peddle PedalsWhen trying to decide between elliptical v treadmill fitness equipment, the only conclusion you can draw from your research is that they are largely doing the same job, building up cardiovascular conditioning.But there is a significant difference that makes the decision much easier, the amount of impact on a user's back, hips, knees and feet.
Research is Key When Buying a Treadmill - Check Out the Best Treadmill Ratings and Reviews Online!
A home treadmill offers many advantages - just imagine, no more waiting in line at the gym or worrying about what other people think of your clothes! But choosing from the extensive range of treadmills can be a daunting task, so it pays to do your homework. A treadmill is a long term investment in your health, not just a fad until you forget your new years resolutions and good intentions!It you are serious about making a positive change in your life, buying a treadmill can be a major step in the right direction to help you achieve your goals.
Boost Your Health by Choosing the Perfect Treadmill
Treadmills are very popular methods of exercise. These exercise machines have been helping people lose weight and get in shape for many years now.
Electronic treadmills could just as easily be called treadmills with an attitude: they don't go as fast as you do; you go as fast as they do.An electronic treadmill is equipped with a motor to drive the treadbelt and another to raise and lower the deck at an angle.
Movement, Muscles and Machines
Sport encourages the integration of the whole organism because it is necessary to think as we move and plan ahead. In performing each movement in response to the run of play, we use mechanisms that nature evolved for the purpose of survival in a hostile world.
Elliptical Trainers and Burning Calories
One of the most frequently asked questions is do the use of elliptical trainers help me burn calories compared to other cardio machines?With our busy schedules it is completely understandable that you want to get the most results for the time you spend working out.As you may know how many calories burned during a workout will vary depending upon your weight.
Commercial Elliptical Machines
With the fitness craze that is going on in the world today, the elliptical trainer is becoming more and more popular in the average household. A person needs to do some research and decide what their personal needs are and then execute a purchase from there.
Treadmill Review - How To Find The Best Treadmill At The Best Price
When shopping for a treadmill, it is important to know the facts in advance. Sales and advertised specials will not always assure that you get the best price on a high quality treadmill.
A Natural History Of Trampolines
Walrus skins - It has been said that the first type oftrampolining was done by the Eskimos who used to toss eachother up into the air on a Walrus skin; something like thesheet used by firemen to catch people jumping out of thewindows of houses which were on fire. In Anchorage Airport,Alaska, there are postcards depicting the Eskimos beingtossed up in a Walrus skin.
Tanita Body Fat Monitors
An ordinary scale can tell you your weight, but what does that say about your health - not whole a lot. In order to give you better idea of what your weight really means in terms of your overall health, there are body fat monitor scales that not only look at your weight, but how much of that weight is fat.
What You Need to Know Before Buying a Pedometer
Question: What's small, weighs about an ounce, and comes in dozens of different models? Answer: a Pedometer.Would you have guessed it had I mentioned this item can help you lose weight, decrease your chance of diseases like hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease, and improve your overall fitness? Using a pedometer to count your steps is one of the cheapest and easiest ways available to improve your health and fitness.
Life Fitness Treadmills Reign Supreme in the Ratings
One of the most superior brands of treadmills available, Life Fitness treadmills are featured extensively in gyms and health clubs around the globe. Highly regarded by several top magazines and newspapers, this treadmill reigns supreme when it comes to fitness equipment.
Cycling Your Way To Fitness - Stationary Exercise Bikes - Still A Top Choice For Overall Fitness
Stationary Exercise Bikes - Still A Top Choice For Overall FitnessIn all the craze over new fangled fitness equipment, the exercise bike often gets overlooked. Stationary exercise bikes have been around for many years, which can lead some people to think they are outdated or not as effective as newer types of equipment.
Questions You Must Answer Before Buying a Treadmill
Who is using the treadmill?It is important to know the number of people using the treadmill, the weight of the heaviest person and how everyone will exercise using the treadmill.The number of people using the treadmill will directly affect the durability that you will need in the treadmill.
Workout Shoes - Shoes for Strength Training
I've always worked out in just a plain pair of tennis shoes. Rarely to I see or even think that using special shoes would make any difference at all.
How Can I Find The Treadmill I Want?
Treadmill ratings are published in lots of places. If you are thinking of buying a treadmill and want to find some treadmill ratings you should have no trouble.
How to Choose an Elliptical Trainer that Suits Your Needs
When choosing an elliptical trainer, you'll want to consider a variety of things to determine which elliptical machine will best suit your needs. You should pay attention to the quality and durability, features, brand reputation (important when buying online), and weight restrictions.
Landice Treadmills - A Quick Review of the Landice Treadmill
If you're looking to buy a high end home treadmill (or a commercial grade treadmill) chances are you've heard the name 'Landice' thrown about quite a bit.That may leave you wondering 'Should I invest in a Landice treadmill?' Here's a quick review of Landice treadmills to help you decide.
The Reebok Elliptical - A Brief Review
When considering the Reebok Elliptical for your workout, there are a few things that you should be aware of.The Reebok elliptical is a fairly large machine with mostly independent parts.
6 Advantages of Free Weights Over Exercise Machines
Meet Sarah.About a year ago, Sarah saw an infomercial about a "multi-unit" workout machine.
|home | site map ||