Changing Your Eating Habits
Because all of us have been brought up eating junk food, well most of us, it is not easy to change our eating habits. Your eating habits have developed since childhood based on what your mothers or fathers cooked and what your psychological make-up was during that time.
The foods you eat and crave help keep pass trauma and present anxiety in check. Food helps make you feel good when you start to feel bad. Eating is a natural defense mechanism that the brain-body uses to keep you from going crazy.
So, you see, it is very difficult to change our eating habits. When we do, we start to feel bad. We start to feel uncomfortable, we feel pain, we have withdrawal symptoms, and we may feel sick. Is it any wonder that any of us ever succeed in changing our eating habits.
I consider every thing that has been packaged to be junk food. There are a few exception and you need to read ingredient labels carefully. Very few food manufacturers and even restaurants prepare food with your health in mind. Of course, they want to satisfy you, but they don't use foods that are in your best interest.
Most people eat junk food 85% of the time and then eat good food the other 15%. It should be the reverse of this - eat good food 85% and junk food 15% of the time.
To have better health, here are some foods to stop eating. Eliminate these foods over the next two to three weeks.
* Milk (non-fat or no-fat also) - is a mucus and acid forming food. Milk creates mucus in the body and makes the lymph liquid (we will talk about lymph later) in your body acidic, which attracts parasites and other pathogens.(In the place of milk almond milk or goats milk) Cancer thrives in a body that is acidic.
* Bread - white bread is also acid and mucus forming. It is also more difficult to pass through the colon and gives rise to constipation.
Sugar the #1 food additive. Sugar is in most of all the products that you buy.
* Sodas (regular or diet)- are extremely high in sugar or artificial sugar - 7 teaspoons per can. Most people drink over 35 gallons per year. Sugar is a body poison and leads to many disease - diabetes, obesity, tooth decay and osteoarthirtis and so on.
* Sugar, also, depletes your B-vitamins and calcium and magnesium from your bones and teeth.
* In addition, since sodas are in aluminum cans, aluminum can go into the soda because most sodas contain phosphoric acid. Aluminum has been associated with senility and Alzheimer disease.
* Calcium is also leached from your body to neutralize the phosphoric acid.(its healthier to drink juices of all kinds) There is just no way around it. Sodas suck health right out of your body.
* Regular salt (NaCl) - excessive salt intake is related to high blood pressure, edema, and imbalances in the minerals in your lymph liquid. Sodium, Na, in salt attracts water so the more sodium you eat that more water your body will hold. (use sea salt, it has 25% less sodium, use low salt soy sauce, and herbs to flavor your food)
* Most people eat too much salt - over 10,000 milligrams per day. We only need around 200-300 mg per day.
* Excess salt is also in involved with kidney problems, cardiovascular disease, stomach cancer, and excess sensitive to stress.
* Get your Sodium from eating vegetables that are high in sodium. When you get your salt from vegetables it is organic salt, which does not have the same effect in your body as inorganic salt from a shaker. You need a lot of organic salt or Na in your body. Your stomach is a Na organ. It needs organic salt, Na, to keep its lining from being eaten by the hydrochloric acid in your stomach - an ulcer.
* Foods high in organic sodium are apples, apricots, asparagus, greens, red cabbage, carrots, celery, dulse, egg yolks, figs, fish, raisins, prunes, and lentils.
For the next two weeks try adding the following foods to your eating habits.
* lecithin - is 30-40% choline which is used throughout your body. This is why you want to include it in your diet.
* choline is one of the main chemicals in our cell membrane.
* It is used in our brains to create the neurotransmitter acytlcholine which is required for thinking and memory. Consider lecithin brain food.
* It is used by the liver which helps to prevent a fatty liver. A fatty liver prevents you from losing weight around your belly.
* it helps to break up fats into tiny goblets so that they are easily digestible and will reduce your cholesterol.
* it helps to keep cholesterol from clinging to your artery walls.
* flax seed oil - is an essential oil, omega 3. This means your body does not make it and it is necessary for you to eat it so that you can live without illness or pain.
* it helps to detoxify the liver
* it stimulate the production of bile. Remember that bile helps to breakdown fat so that the liver can better metabolize it.
* stimulate the body to burn fat.
* apple juice and apples - are high in vitamin A, in Potassium and have other minerals that strengthen the blood. They contain malic and tartaric acids, which keep the liver healthy and promote good digestion. Apples help you to lose weight by providing fiber and keeping you regular.
* fiber - you need 30-35 grams of fiber every day. Most people only get up to 10-15 grams. Fiber is one foods that reduce your transient time in the colon. Fiber helps to keep your colon clean, reduce cholesterol, remove toxins from your body and eliminate constipation. There you have it. If you can accomplish these changes in one year, you will notice a big difference in the way you feel and the health that you have.
Rudy Silva is a natural nutritionist. He writes a newsletter called "Natural Remedies That work." You can subscribe to his newsletter and read some of the back issues, which give you information of how to have better health. Read his latest newsletter at: http://www.natural-remedies-thatwork.com/nl-111.html
Unable to open RSS Feed $XMLfilename with error HTTP ERROR: 404, exiting
Natural Foods Defined
With so many people concerned about natural and organic foods these days, it's useful to stop and really take a look at what "natural" and "organic" foods really are. We all know that natural and organic foods are better for us than highly processed or artificial foods, but do we really know which foods are natural and organic? When you buy food that is labeled "natural," what does that really mean? What about "organic"?It turns out that the term "natural" doesn't mean all that much.
The Importance of Protein
Protein is one of the basic building blocks of the body so it is an essential part of your diet and can influence your strength but probably not your energy. Your muscles are built with protein and in fact protein is made up of 20 amino acids.
4 Steps To Brain Health
New studies bring to our attention that high levels of cholesterol might make the brain cells more prone to dementia. The heart and brain are connected to long term health - many things that heart patients do are good for all of us to keep our brain healthy, too.
Carbohydrates - Good or Bad?
Carbohydrates have gotten a lot of bad press in the past few years with the advent of low carb diets, but the truth is that not all carbohydrates are "bad" and, in fact, your body needs carbs to survive.Many people mistakenly believe that eating bacon, eggs and steak will set them on the road to a thinner body with increased energy and good health, but this is not the case.
What About Potassium?
Information on potassiumWhen you read about potassium and senate document report 264 you'll life should be changed forever. You're going to discover that the biggest fallacy most people aren't aware of is that if we eat a balanced diet, (the four food groups), we get all the nutrients we need to stay healthy and live a long life.
Beauty Foods That Will Keep You Young and Healthy
You've heard that old saying: True beauty comes from within. Well, now nutritional experts have confirmed that you really are what you eat.
Summer Sun Cures
With summer comes more sun and with more sun comes an extra desire to be outdoors and with spending additional time outdoors comes ? you guessed it, sunburn.We all know the major importance of using sunscreen these days.
The Wonderful Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet
The Mediterranean Diet is now recognized as one of the healthiest in the world consisting as it does of large amounts of fresh fruit and vegetables, salads, nuts, seeds, omega-3 rich oily fish, olives, and olive oil and being comparitively low in dairy products and red meats.The people of the Mediterranean region, particuarly Greece and Spain, are very fortunate to live in an area where naturally healthy food is readily and cheaply available.
An Apple a Day, Does Keep the Doctor Away
Increasing the fiber in your diet has been shown to: reduce your cholesterol, reduce your hunger, lower your fat absorption, reduce surges in insulin levels, help with weight loss, lower the risk of colon cancer, and lower your risk of heart disease. WOW! Sounds like a miracle cure - where can I get this stuff? The answer: At your grocery store.
Things You Should Know about Vitamin K's Unique Power
How well do you know about vitamin K? This vitamin is probably not as popular as other vitamins. But still you need this vitamin for your health.
How to Help Your Picky Eater
One of the most common questions I am asked is how to help a picky eater. If you're worried that your child won't get enough nutrients from a limited selection of foods, the good news is that because the American food supply is super-fortified, nutrient deficiencies are rare.
The Truth About the Meat You Eat
There are so many topics to discuss which affect our health that it is hard to choose just one at a time. My motto is Unhealthy Soil = Unhealthy Plants and Animals = Unhealthy People.
Fattening Foods: Not So Fattening After All?
Have you seen those "fat free" foods in supermarkets? Have you possibly delighted in them guiltlessly thinking that they are healthy for you? There's a good chance that you have because we usually follow what the media and the world around us says. In this day in age, along with other health fads, many people believe that fat makes you fat.
WLS Patients Feeling Gassy & Bloated? Sugar Alcohol May Be To Blame
Sugar intake is a real concern for people who've had gastric bypass, in fact most patients fear sugar. The foremost fear isn't weight gain, it's dumping.
How Food Affects Mood
Everyone can benefit from understanding how food affects our mood "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food," wrote the eminent Greek physician Hippocrates during the dawn of western medicine. We took his advice.
The Importance of Water
Water is the most abundant substance in the human body. It is a component of virtually everything, except tooth enamel and bone.
Small Changes Yield Big Benefits
You can start today - right now, even - on a road to feeling better, looking better, living longer and enjoying a far better quality of life.We're all familiar with the big steps:If you smoke, do yourself and those who love you a huge favor - STOP.
Saturated Fat Diet Piles on Pounds Around Organs
Having a large amount of such "visceral fat" is associated with increased risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes, said Dr. Kerry Stewart, an associate professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland.
Does your body know its ABCs??
What are Glyconutritionals?The Greek word "Glyco" means "Sugar". Most people think of sugar as being bad for you.
Body Calling: Maintaining Excellent Health
Our bodies are truly incredible machines. What makes cells healthy? What causes disease? Scientists are discovering the answers: Keep human cells healthy and fully functional and with out degeneration.
|home | site map | contact us