Infidelity Discovered? 10 Ways to Calm Your Powerful Feelings
When you find out about the affair, the first few hours, days and weeks can be emotionally wrenching to say the least. Or, if someone you deeply care about begins "pulling away" you may also experience intense feelings. Read through this list and pick out a couple things you can do to help yourself during these times.
1. Walk. Run, if you are fit enough to run. Work out. Get the blood flowing. Physical exercise drains off the adrenaline and physically you feel better. You also think better of yourself because you are caring for you.
2. Talk. If you typically handle problems by talking them out, find someone who will listen as you pour out your heart. Give them explicit instructions: "I need to talk, vent, cry, rage, and question. Just look me in the eye, nod your head and listen."
3. Write. Get a kitchen timer. Set it for 5 minutes. Spend that time writing...anything, everything that comes to your mind. Don't censor. When the bell goes off say to yourself, "OK, there it is. Now I need to get on to other things. I will come back later and write more." Put the writing in a safe place or destroy it.
4. Find a safe place and spend some time there. Do you have a favorite lake, wooded area, park, room, chair where you feel safe and can "get away." Intentionally spend some time there.
5. Use good "self talk." Tell yourself, "You are ok. You will be ok. This too shall pass. What you are feeling is normal and will not destroy you." Develop that "observing part" that can speak to your turmoil.
6. Pray. Meditate. Use your spiritual resources, if you have them. If you don't have them, it can be a good time to develop them. Spirituality often affirms your worth and enables you to see the larger picture.
7. Be aware. Notice what you are thinking, how you are feeling and what you are doing. Pay close attention to these chunks of your life. Just noticing often creates distance from the emotional pain.
8. Encourage the rhythm of your feelings. Your feelings will come and go, often as in waves. There will be lulls and sometimes they crash. Notice the intensity and frequency of the waves.
9. Get professional help. Supportive therapy might be helpful. Personal and professional coaching, often via telephone, is a helpful phenomenon that is increasingly popular as a way to find support and direction for specific problems.
10. Gather resources. Start reading, exploring the internet and talking to people about your situation. Believe me, you are not alone. Many people have walked your path (well, not exactly your path, but close) and are there to offer their understanding and point out the bends and turns of your road.
Dr. Robert Huizenga, The Infidelity Coach, has helped hundreds of couples over the past two decades heal from the agony of extramarital affairs and survive infidelity. Visit his website at: http://www.break-free-from-the-affair.com/cmd.php?ad=139627
Self-Pleasure Tips for Women ~ Private Fantasies
As is often said, your mind is the most erotic of all organs. Men are said to be visual creatures who get excited at the sight of a pair of limbs, bare skin, or whatever it is that they consider sexy.
Sex: You Dont Have a God-Given Right to Sexual Expression
This article isn't about homosexuality.I know you thought it was going to be when you read the title.
The Married Lovers Hot Bed
You've finally done it - tied the knot, taken the plunge, plighted your troth, joined in holy matrimony. You're crazy about each other and you celebrate your newly founded state of wedded bliss by jumping into bed together every chance you get.
How open are we when it comes to talking about sex? We are all so captivated, yet intimidated and shy about sex. It always seems to play in the back of our own minds.
Female Ejaculation: Myth or Fact? The Answers You Seek!
Most men don't truly understand the nature of the Vagina, its mostly a mystery, even to some women. Many complain that men are insensitive to their sexuality, but there is a growing number of women that also seek the fountain of Venus!The mystery and taboo is partly related to the nature of the female reproductive system being harder to access than its male counterpart; this concealment is extended to our culture (in the west) where female bodies are kept much more private than males, the privacy has helped shape how these are perceived as well.
The Joys of Self-Pleasure!
Manually pleasuring yourself should be as natural as sex itself. And, while many people are embarrassed by it, you really shouldn't be.
Sex in History
As we human beings have changed and evolved over our thousands of years of recorded history so have our attitudes and expressions of all things sexual. The only thing that hasn't changed much is society's desire to exercise a certain amount of control over an individual's sexual behavior.
Pejorative images of Bible-thumping deviates come to mind. When did we become so ignorant as to regard natural healthy sexual contact as a 'sin'? Who benefits? Did the patriarchs and harem masters want all the women for themself? Why did men have to use power to get what women love to share?Family planning and social responsibility was undermined through religions seeking to sell evil, and sex as sinful.
Sex Toys - History and Benefits
HISTORY OF SEX TOYSSex toys have been used for thousands of years and many believe they had first originated from Asia. However, it was not until the ancient Greece time that sex toys such as dildos and other phallic objects were first made popular.
Infidelity Advice: How Gifts Can Expose Your Cheating Husband
Beverley was ecstatic when she discovered a box containing a handcrafted, one-of-a-kind gold bracelet she'd been admiring at her favorite jewelry store. Thinking it was a surprise gift from her husband, Beverley said nothing about what she'd found.
Dear Lucia,I'm sleeping with this guy who I originally got involved with because I knew he was not the type to commit to one girl. I just wanted sex with no strings attached.
The Top Ten Secrets For Great Sex!
Clearly there are no rules, only what lovers have known since Antony and Cleopatra: "Pay attention, be kind, and be loving". But the following Top Ten List might be a useful reminder! Enjoy!1.
Sexual Activity and Satisfaction Ensure Marital Satisfaction
One of the facts of life which everyone believes and admits that personal sexual satisfaction, frequency of sex and sexual activities, and the sexual interest and satisfaction of one's spouse has a great deal to do with marital satisfaction. In fact, sex is so important to marital satisfaction that sexual inactivity maybe a sign that there are other problems within the marriage.
Sex Without Intimacy and Intimacy Without Sex
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Excerpt From The Relationship Handbook: How to Understand and Improve Every Relationship in Your Life by Kevin B. Burk=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-We no longer feel the social pressure to confine sex to committed relationships.
Tantra, Monogamy And Safe Sex
The concern about safe sex has resulted in a revival of monogamy. But there is no turning back the clock.
Sex is a Serious Thing!
Most of the questions asked to sexual health experts are about men's early ejaculations and women's orgasm troubles. When you read this you may say: It's normal, if man is coming off quickly, woman couldn't have an orgasm! But if you really think for a few seconds, surprisingly, you won't see any relation between these two events.
No Excuses for All that
Infidelity: an ugly beast that most people must deal with.Let us make something perfectly clear: nobody cheats by accident.
BDSM Or The Art Of Kinky Sex
C'mon own up, when was the last time you clicked on those dirty Web sites and had your vicarious thrills by seeing men and women dressed in nothing other than harnesses, doing things to each other that can give any normal pervert a chill down his or her spine. You may raise your eyebrows in disgust, but in heart of hearts you do sometimes get tempted to try out things for yourself.
Spice It Up By Talking Dirty in the Bedroom
Have you ever been asked by your partner to talk dirty in bed? Ofcourse you have, almost everybody enjoys a little pillow talk inthe bedroom. The problem is, of course, when your partner asks you to say something dirty, and your mind draws a blank.
Sex or Gender
Alan Pease, author of a book titled "Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps", believes that women are spatially-challenged compared to men. The British firm, Admiral Insurance, conducted a study of half a million claims.
|home | site map|