Studies and research show natural HRT really works. By using natural progesterone you can reap the benefits in the following ways:
1. No side effects: It's a natural hormone to the body with no undesirable side effects, when used as directed. Don't mistake this with synthetic progestins, which are unnatural. Tests show they can cause harmful side effects including, partial loss of vision, birth defects, and breast cancer.
2. Alleviates symptoms: Natural progesterone alleviates symptoms typically associated with menopause and andropause.
3. Menopause comes naturally: Natural NRT allows you to experience menopause naturally-at your own pace-instead of artificial delays or interference with drugs like birth control pills.
4. Easy to test: Determining the need for HRT is easy with a simple saliva test that can be taken in the privacy of your own home.
5. Inexpensive: Natural progesterone can be bought over the counter in the United States, eliminating dependency upon a physician for prescriptions and keeping the costs down. Be aware that not all progesterone is created equal. Many of the recognized brands are full of fillers/chemicals that can build up in the body.
6. Safe: It's safe for women ages 9 to 99 years old. It's safe for men too and can be used as long as it is needed. The name progesterone stands for pro-gestational hormone. It's so safe it's given to pregnant women to prevent premature birth.
7. Relieves PMS: Natural progesterone can be used to relieve premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms. You don't have to suffer.
8. Produces well-being: It's has been dubbed the "happy hormone." Most women notice a leveling off of their emotions when they get their progesterone levels up to where they should be, especially if they have been a victim of estrogen dominance. Some women actually report a feeling of well-being or euphoria.
9. Reduces stress: In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their anti-stress hormones, and when there is enough progesterone, they don't have to produce the potentially harmful cortisone. With progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.
10. You have more freedom: Because natural progesterone is safe, hormone levels can be tested at home, and is available over the counter, you have the freedom to be proactive in your menopause care.
You can find out more about progesterone in my eBook, Balancing Your Hormones Without Drugs?You Can Feel Good Again.
About The Author
Dr. Loretta Lanphier, ND, CN, HHP is a Doctor of Naturopath, Clinical Nutritionist and Holistic Health Practitioner in the Houston, TX area and Founder / CEO of Oasis Advanced Wellness. A teacher, educator and seminar speaker, she counsels Oasis Advanced Wellness clients on the aspects of getting the body healthy and keeping the body healthy. As a cancer survivor, she is able to relate extensively, both as a patient and a practitioner, to clients suffering from disease. She is also involved in researching new alternative disease treatments and products. Dr. Lanphier is Editor and contributor to the worldwide E-newsletter Advanced Health & Wellness.